SYDNEY ATHLETICS ACADEMY
What our squads offer?
- Over 10 different sessions each week to ensure optimal training squads
- Training plans to ensure athletes are racing and developing to their potential
- Monthly time trial to track performance and development
- 4 optional training camps a year
- Coach will be at races for support and helping out with WU + WD
- External core + strength sessions
- Monthly meeting to discuss upcoming races + how athlete is tracking
- Food plan
- Race strategies
Results from 2019?
- We had 14 athletes compete at National level for the first time in their life
- 5 of those athletes finished in the top 10 of Australia including the current 1500m + Cross Country Australian National Champion
- We had over 30 athletes make it state level of which most competed at this level for their first time.
What is our focus?
- SAA goal is to create Australia’s leading junior pathway with a turn key model which helps juniors achieve their personal goals from improved health and fitness through to Olympic representation.
In the Sydney Athletics Academy Junior pathway, athletes have the option of different levelled squads to ensure optimal performance for each athlete. Our academy squads are competitive with the aim of reaching state/national level.